Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Some days it might be better not to answer the phone

Heidi Dru Kortman's blogOn Monday, I got a call from my physician's office to ask that I phone for results of a blood test done in October. He didn't answer my return call on Tuesday, so I phoned him again this morning. It seems that I'm diabetic. So far, I may be able to control it by diet. They'll send me to "diabetic school". This means I'll get another phone call.

About half an hour ago, I got another call, and this one, I truly wished I'd missed, so that I'd have it recorded in my voice mail. My caller was the editor of Kaleidoscope Magazine, and she wanted to say how much she liked a novel excerpt I'd submitted, and that she'd love to read the rest of the story, but the excerpt couldn't go into the magazine, because it ended at too much of a cliffhanger, and the magazine comes out at six-month intervals.

I know people rejoice at handwritten notes from editors, but this is the first rejection notice I've received by phone. Shaking my head, and moving on to the next project.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You never know what's going to turn up when you answer that phone, do you?

That is good news on your story, though, isn't it? Sounds like you'll just need to finish that story up and submit the whole thing somewhere, if it isn't finished already. :)

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home