Thursday, February 09, 2006

Such a lovely joke...

Heidi Dru Kortman's blog
I'm barely beginning this writing trade. Aside from the frequent "no thank you" letters, or sheer silence, there's this way to innoculate a new author against developing an unseemly swelled head--

For the last several months, I've known that three of my devotionals would be published in a newsletter distributed by my church denomination. This newsletter reaches churches in the United States and Canada. Today I received my author copies of the Winter 2006 issue.

My work appears on the back page, as is usual, but it has inadvertently been accredited to Heidi Boorman. I know the editor, I know my words when I read them, but I have no idea who Miss Heidi Boorman is.

I have options. The first one, I've taken, and informed the editor of the typo. My fiction oriented mind suggests I keep the pseudonym on file, for use when fame finally overwhelms me and I want to travel incognito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home