Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Unexpected Words

Heidi Dru Kortman's blog
Last night, the Valentine Dance at Aurora Pond began at 7 pm. I went down to sample the buffet, and my friend had to come in to find me, before we left for Bible Study. As I threaded through the crowd, I met up with Marilyn, with her daughter and granddaughter.

She introduced me to them as a person who had made her time there "tolerable". (I had hoped it was better than that, but I couldn't tarry for an explanation, because I was already off schedule for Bible Study.) I told her, "I'll see you when I come back in March", and she replied, "I may not be here."

Earlier in the afternoon, Linda Kaye had phoned, to ask for Marilyn's phone number. She wanted corroboration of a conversation from her. The two of them are vivacious, and I hope that my leaving does not cause them to choose to leave as well. I emailed Linda Kaye this morning, but tomorrow I will phone her, I think, and Marilyn too.

I spent today, Feb. 15, attempting to bring my room and possessions into order. More of my things will need to go into storage, as I don't have windowsills to display the red glass collection. The kids have brought in every stuffed animal, and I really don't know where they'll go, either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home